1 November 2014 will mark 100 years since the first convoy sailed from Albany carrying Australian and New Zealand troops to the first world war.
Over the last few years "City of Albany" and the State government have been upgrading our "Anzac Historical Sights" with great anticipation for the Centenary Event this coming November. You can find out what's happening with up to date schedule of events and services at Albany Anzac website - http://www.anzacalbany.com.au
Places of interest :
- Princess Royal Fortress - www.albany.wa.gov.au/facilities/princess-royal-fortress
- Mt Clarence - Desert Mounted Corps Memorial : Site of Albany's Anzac Dawn service each year on 25th April.
- Padre White Lookout - Mt Clarence Memorial : Steel walkway structure located at the top of Mt Clarence.
- Ataturk Memorial " Ellen Cove Boardwalk" : overlooking the channel, scenic boardwalk that leads Albany CBD to Middleton Beach.
- Anzac Peace park : Princess Royal Drive ; CBD foreshore
- National Anzac Centre - www.nationalanzaccentre.com.au
Visit Albany to Remember; further information on centenary event available at http://www.anzacalbany.com.au/
Wanting to purchase flowers and wreaths for the commemorative event ?
Bloomin flowers will be open extended hours from Thursday 30th of October to Saturday 1st November. Please be aware that there will be road closures & high volumes of traffic expected throughout Albany due to the commemorative event, which in turn may limit available deliveries within certain areas. Pick ups for Pre- orders are suggested in order to ensure you have your order reach its destinations without a delay. If you do require a delivery during the 30th of October to 1st of November please contact us directly before placing your order to confirm delivery details.
Areas unaffected for delivery : Lower King, Kalgan, Bayonet head, Emu point, Spencer Park, Mira Mar, Collingwood Heights, Yakamia, Orana, Lockyer, Mckail, Warrenup, Lange, Milpara.